A CHILDHOOD HISTORY (catas first birth)


we play
I couldn't fall, even when i kicked my leg on stones, why cus i was a child.
When i was a child i do think about how to get hold of just a biscuit to eat, always busy searching for a play ground full of kids like me.
Never knew what it was all about having an intimate friend who might make me happy nor having an enemy who would make me sad. Always much joy in me since i have nothing wrong with me or evil thoughts in mind...

all my life was engulfed in an unraveled ecstasy. Within me i only believed in myself, i believed in my mom & i believed in my dad. If ever there was a thing called love then i paid them all to mom & dad.  mom and dad always strive to keep me safe, they tells me boy 'u don't pay 50 for ashes and 50 for gold'. but that couldn't stop me, anyway, from entering into a treacherous neighbors house nor playing with their children or even watch television in there homes. I'm talking of then when TVs had no remote control, just black & white still we enjoyed all along, After all not everyone had a set in their homes. We gather together, so many from different family, to watch television in just one family. Dad will always be vociferous at me asking me if we had no TV at home, i will whisper to myself & say why wouldn't dad understand that i wouldn't enjoy TV without friends cheering with me. All through all these while i was vehemently going their after all nothing happened to me cus i was a child.
Then i have much time for my self as i live more than a free lad. I sleep with some bread in my mouth, & sometimes when i wake up i don't even brush my teeth, but if ever i am famished i must be given something to eat or i cry incessantly till it's been given to me. Most a times, after eating, i will rush out to find my friends, sometimes they come for me. we run naked always from street to street we don't care cus we weren't wise...

Now, a time came that we had to make a team to prevent external enemy who might be stronger than one of us. this developed, propelled & impelled us to having enemies. we no more go to all houses to watch TV cus we have enemies there. A time came we started segregating friends from enemies, Enmity encroached like oil dropped in a finger, it spread like venereal disease & we nurtured it along. A time came we started pushing closer to our opposite sex, we started having what they call love feelings, as if we where been detached from our true feelings we lost our true joy, we started learning how to wear cloths to cover our body, while before we put off the cloths we wear so we could be more free but now we put them on, WE BECAME WISE. We no more go in search of snacks that's too small. we don't go searching for a play ground nor friends to play with. I saw the danger ahead and i extracted myself from them all. I went back and i reconciled with them whom i have deserted, they, (my formal friends), became enemies to me but i was all along friend with them. They forgot to know it that a 90's childhood friends will always be friends and friends they shall always be. Why, because we still are children and children we will always be...{composed by cata. To be continued...}San cata™

No comments: